I have one more day until I start this new project to make a block a day for 365 days, dedicating each block to a friend or family member. In the last few days I have been prepping for it. I have picked a block, organized my fabric and practiced making the block. There are a few things I have come to know:
1. There is no way that making a block every day for 365 days is going to happen if I don’t get faster at this. If I don’t, it will remain just a romantic notion and I will have a cute wall hanging by April.
2. I need organization and planning (see #1)
3. The title I chose for this project is pretty lame. Since the block is going to be a hummingbird, we will just call it Hummingbirds.
4. The original thinking behind who would get a block dedicated to them was just as lame. Mostly because I want to make blocks for people that have brought joy and laughter in my life but I probably wouldn’t make them a quilt as I don’t know them anymore, not really (Facebook doesn’t count). And the converse is true as well, there are a few people who have the lion share of quilts and they are totally getting a bird.
Here are some facts and thoughts about hummingbirds.
1. When we bought this house this year, the first thing we noticed were that there were dozens and dozens of humming birds living in a tree. They are magnificent and are so loud you can hear them from inside the house. Until then, I had never seen one sitting still perched on a branch. It was just perfect.
2. If you google them you find some interesting quotes:
“The hummingbird spirit animal symbolizes the enjoyment of life and lightness of being.”
“Appearing out of no where the Hummingbird springs joy in the heart, and there is magic in the air in this moment of fleeting serendipity”
Who doesn’t need a good spirit animal, right?
2 thoughts on “One More Day…”
What a goal! Go girl! Love hummingbirds!